Rick Rule & Doug Casey on Uranium, Timing the Metals Cycle, & Private Placements
Two icons, one interview.
Rick Rule and Doug Casey, two of the most successful metals speculators of the past several decades, big names with a lot of personality and a lot to say.
The video is finally here—scroll below for carefully curated highlights with timestamped links.
Click any of the links below to jump ahead to that section:
- 0:00 - Intro
- 0:42 - How Rick and Doug got started in the speculating business
- 3:30 - The lessons Doug and Rick learned from mistakes in their early careers
- 7:15 - How much time do speculators like Doug and Rick spend following macro concerns?
- 8:55 - How Rick analyzes annual reports for mining companies
- 11:32 - Why a good discovery is a good discovery, regardless of macro trends
- 13:02 - Why today's uncertain market is a speculator's dream
- 17:38 - How do Rick and Doug approach finding private placements?
- 27:11 - Which newsletters do Doug Casey and Rick Rule follow to find private placements?
- 29:13 - The pros and cons to investing in private placements on your own vs. with the Sprott RED LP fund
- 37:58 - Why Rick Rule loves oil and gas as an investor, but uranium as a speculator
- 41:32 - Why the general sentiment on uranium is a buyer's opportunity
- 42:44 - Rick's take on precious metals today
- 43:52 - Rick's take on lithium and copper, and why the larger story doesn't necessarily matter next to project economics
- 45:42 - Doug Casey's current favourite metals
The interview is part of our ongoing partnership with Sprott to raise awareness for their new Resource Exploration and Development Private Placement Limited Partnership (RED PP Fund).
To learn more about the fund and how you can participate, check out the full report.