Uranium Up 18% in 2 weeks—An interview with Uranium Royalty Corp. CEO Scott Melbye
Scott Melbye is among the most trusted voices in the uranium sector, with over 35 years working with nuclear energy across a range of leadership positions. As CEO or Uranium Royalty Corp. (TSX-V: URC), he led the company through the biggest mining IPO of 2019, raising $30 million for the first—and only—company focused on uranium royalties.
At the time of posting, uranium is up 18% over the past two weeks—one of the strongest investments in the COVID-19 market so far.
In an interview with PrivatePlacements.com founder Arash Adnani, Scott discusses why 2020 may be the "last gasp" of the uranium bear market, catalysts that could drive uranium higher, and URC's plans for the future.
- [1:00] - Uranium's improving fundamentals, especially after Cameco's Cigar Lake shutdown
- [9:55] - How COVID-19 shutdowns will cascade through the uranium supply cycle
- [16:46] - Catalysts that could drive uranium higher
- [23:29] - 3 compelling reasons we need nuclear energy today
- [28:02] - Why Scott decided to work with uranium royalties, and where URC is going next